Of Mice and Men
Crimes and Criminals
English 20-2/4 Homework and Information Board
June 10, 2015Posted on Jun 10 2015
Finished notes for essay, gathered ideas for each body paragraph.
June 9, 2015Posted on Jun 9 2015
Wrote the PART A portion of English 20-2/4 Final Exam (Reading Comprehension).
June 8, 2015Posted on Jun 8 2015
Worked on Reading Comprehension review. Started notes for Essay Question, will finish notes on Wednesday. Will be writing Part A of Final Test Tomorrow.
June 4, 2015Posted on Jun 4 2015
- Went over their Macbeth essays, poetry and english terms. Introduced the essay topic for the final.
June 3, 2015Posted on Jun 3 2015
- Handed back visual and opinion responses. Discussed. Went over an example of how to respond to a piece of literature, and use the literature within your response. Wrote on a piece of literature.
June 2, 2015Posted on Jun 2 2015
Wrote an ORT and went over it in class. Reviewed common story terms and figurative terms.
June 1, 2015Posted on Jun 1 2015
Finished reading "Flowers for Algernon" and wrote a paragraph response. Went over a practice ORT question. Will be writing a ORT tomorrow.
May 28, 2015Posted on May 28 2015
Typed out Visual Response. Began reading the novel excerpt "Flowers for Algernon".
May 27, 2015Posted on May 27 2015
Worked on a visual response. Picked one visual from two choices to write about. Handed back other visuals to use as examples.
May 25, 2015Posted on May 25 2015
Worked on rough copy for final Macbeth Essay. Will be writing the essay out in good tomorrow. This essay will be handed in at the end of the block.
May 21, 2015Posted on May 21 2015
Read Act V. Complete Act V Close Notes for homework. Will begin essay tomorrow.
May 20, 2015Posted on May 20 2015
Watched parts of Macbeth, reviewed the rest of the close notes and wrote the Act IV Test.
May 19, 2015Posted on May 19 2015
Read Act IV. Started the close notes. Finish the close notes for scenes 1 -3 (i - iii).
May 14, 2015Posted on May 14 2015
Watched the modern version of "Macbeth". We watched "Men of Respect".
May 13, 2015Posted on May 14 2015
Finished writing the Act III test and completed the Act III Assignment.
May 12, 2015Posted on May 12 2015
Completed Act III, went over the close notes. Handed out an assignment where you need to do one of the two options. Started the Act III Test.
May 11, 2015Posted on May 12 2015
Read to the end of Act III, scene iv. Went over close notes, assigned scenes iii and iv for homework.
May 6, 2015Posted on May 6 2015
Completed reading Act II and doing the close notes. Act II test tomorrow.
May 5, 2015Posted on May 6 2015
Finished writing the ACT I test for Macbeth. Began reading Act II. We read scenes i - ii.
May 4, 2015Posted on May 5 2015
Finished reading Act I and filled out the close notes. Began Act I Test.
May 1, 2015Posted on May 1 2015
Yesterday we read Act I, scenes 1-3 in Macbeth. Today we read to page 34, scene vii.
April 28, 2015Posted on Apr 28 2015
Worked as a class to gather ideas for a theme and details on a given visual. Once all details are gathered will work on a response.
April 27, 2015Posted on Apr 28 2015
Finished Theme/Poem booklet. Worked in groups on finding pictures to support given themes, and then had to find details from the visuals to prove that the theme connects to the visual. Ended the class with reading a short story call "Suitcase Lade"…
April 23, 2015Posted on Apr 23 2015
Introduction to Visual Literacy. Went over symbolism, theme and interpretation of poems and visuals. Projects are now overdue.
April 20, 2015Posted on Apr 20 2015
Wrote Unit Test for Crimes and Criminals Unit. Have 2 more days to work on criminal project.
April 16, 2015Posted on Apr 17 2015
- Went over study guide for Unit Test for Crimes and Criminals - will be writing the test on Monday, April 20. Worked on their Crimes and Criminals project.
April 15, 2015Posted on Apr 15 2015
Watched the last act (Act III) of 12 Angry Men. Finalized who is researching who for their Crime Project, and worked on the study guide for Crimes and Criminals Unit test that will be written on Monday - April 20.
April 14, 2015Posted on Apr 14 2015
- Finished Act III from "12 Angry Men". Handed out review guide for unit exam on Monday. Selected criminals for project.
April 13, 2015Posted on Apr 13 2015
- Read Act II - Discussed, watched the Act II portion of the movie 12 Angry Men. Worked on questions for Act II. Will be for homework if not completed in class.
April 10, 2015Posted on Apr 13 2015
Went to the Cultural Centre to watch the play "Bombitty of Errors".
April 9, 2015Posted on Apr 9 2015
Reviewed Act I, watched part of the movie and then answered questions in complete sentences for Act I.
April 8, 2015Posted on Apr 8 2015
- Twin Story endings were due. Began reading the play "12 Angry Men". Read the first Act.
April 7, 2015Posted on Apr 7 2015
- Read and discussed the short story "Twins" and then the class had to write a story ending. Did Mrs. Coates get away with murder or not?
Mar. 26, 2015Posted on Mar 26 2015
Tell Tale Heart Questions are due. Read and discussed the story "The Lottery".
Mar. 25, 2015Posted on Mar 25 2015
- Lamb to the Slaughter Crime report is due. Read and discussed the story "The Tell-Tale Heart". Worked on questions that went with the story. Responses must be in complete sentences. Due tomorrow if not finished.
Mar. 24, 2015Posted on Mar 24 2015
- Read the story "Lamb to Slaughter". Did a vocabulary assignment, discussed the story and the students must write a crime report using a minimum of 10 vocabulary words in their assignment. This is due tomorrow.
Mar. 23, 2015Posted on Mar 23 2015
Went over Of Mice and Men essay and exam. Introduced crime and criminals unit. Need to write a personal reflection on "A Crime I Committed". This is due tomorrow. Went over crime terms.
Mar. 19, 2015Posted on Mar 19 2015
- Wrote an Objective Reading Test. Rain Man comparison assignment is now late.
Mar. 18, 2015Posted on Mar 18 2015
- Worked on the Rainman/Of Mice and Men comparison assignment. This is due tomorrow.
Mar. 16, 2015Posted on Mar 16 2015
Began film study - Rain Man. Need to answer questions as they watch. We watched the first hour of the film.
Mar. 12, 2015Posted on Mar 12 2015
- Finished final copy of essay for Of Mice and Men. Due at the end of the block.
Mar. 11, 2015Posted on Mar 11 2015
Went over Introduction for a body paragraph - showed an example. Went over the structure for a body paragraph - showed an example. Worked on creating a rough copy that they will type out in good tomorrow. Rough copy must be completed for homework…
Mar. 10, 2015Posted on Mar 10 2015
- Worked on Essay Construction for Of Mice and Men. - Went into groups to find evidence for the characters. -Discussed as a class. - Worked on Thesis construction - showed examples of thesis statements that are poor to excellent in their construction.…
Mar. 9, 2015Posted on Mar 10 2015
- Worked on Post Secrets and other outstanding assignments. These are all past due.
Mar. 6, 2015Posted on Mar 6 2015
- Wrote the unit exam for Of Mice and Men. If finished early, worked on post secret assignment. This assignment is due on Monday.
Mar. 5, 2015Posted on Mar 5 2015
- Finished the booklet, went over their post secret assignment that is due in their book. Will be writing their unit exam tomorrow.
Mar. 4, 2015Posted on Mar 5 2015
- Completed reading the novel. Went over the questions in the booklet. Must write a life quote for chapters 5 or 6. Final Exam on Friday.
Mar. 3, 2015Posted on Mar 3 2015
- Went over yesterday's ORT. Continued reading "Of Mice and Men". Read to the middle of page 93.
Mar. 2, 2015Posted on Mar 2 2015
-- Wrote an Objective Reading Test. Chapter 4 Life Quotes are due.
Feb. 26, 2015Posted on Feb 26 2015
Read and discussed the rest of chapter 4. Did the chapter 4 organizer in class, and must find a life quote from chapter 4. The life quote is for homework.
Feb. 25, 2015Posted on Feb 25 2015
Chapter 3 enrichment activity due. Read and Discussed chapter 4 to page 79.
Feb. 24, 2015Posted on Feb 24 2015
Worked on the enrichment activity for chapter 3, this is due tomorrow. Chapter 3 life quotes were handed in today.
Feb. 23, 2015Posted on Feb 23 2015
- Finished reading Chapter 3. Completed the Venn Diagram and Details as a class. They then had to find a significant quote and fill out the questions that relate to the quote. They must explain why the quote is important to the plot of the story…
Feb. 20, 2015Posted on Feb 20 2015
Continued to read and discuss Chapter 3. We read to page 60. Handed in booklets to mark chapter 2 character details.
Feb. 19, 2015Posted on Feb 19 2015
Worked on Chapter 2 Character Descriptions. This is due tomorrow. Continued to read and discuss chapter 3. Read to page 46. Will continue to read chapter 3 tomorrow.
Feb. 18, 2015Posted on Feb 18 2015
Maps are due today. Read chapter two of "Of Mice and Men". Worked on the questions in Booklet.
Feb. 17, 2015Posted on Feb 17 2015
- Worked on Maps. These are due tomorrow if you have not already handed in. We went over life quotes, and we did one as a class for Chapter 1. You must complete your personal response to your life quote.
Feb. 13, 2015Posted on Feb 13 2015
- Pep Rally and Sr. Boys Basketball Game. Letters are now overdue. Unless arrangements have been made otherwise.
Feb. 12, 2015Posted on Feb 12 2015
- Continued Reading Of Mice and Men. Finished Chapter 1. Handed out the work booklet for the novel. Did the graphic organizer for Chapter 1 as a class. Went over first assignment - Building a map for Lennie. Must have outline of map done for…
Feb. 11, 2015Posted on Feb 11 2015
- Letters are now past due. Started the novel "Of Mice and Men", answered some questions and watched a powerpoint. Began reading the novel - read to page 6.
Feb. 10, 2015Posted on Feb 10 2015
- Wrote a letter to the editor. Got this assignment yesterday. Due at the end of the block.
Feb. 9, 2015Posted on Feb 9 2015
- Went over ORT test, went over their visual response and introduced Persuasive Writing - They will be writing a letter tomorrow. They have the information for the assignment.
Feb. 3, 2015Posted on Feb 3 2015
- Discussed "More" assignment, and worked on a Visual response. - The visual response is for homework if you did not complete in class. Due tomorrow.