The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian Novel Study
Romeo and Juliet
English 10-2/4 Course Outline S1 (2017)
English 10-2/4 Homework and Information Board
September 20, 2017Posted on Sep 20 2017
Watched a rant by Rick Mercer. Read two articles discussing opposing views to the rant. Showed examples of positive rants. Worked on writing a rant. Will be due on Monday.
September 19, 2017Posted on Sep 19 2017
Worked on Body Paragraphs. Introduced essay writing - Introduction, Body Paragraph, Conclusion.
September 18, 2016Posted on Sep 19 2017
Worked in partners to finish Viewing Handout for the movie "The Breakfast Club". Went over as a class. Handed out 2 paragraph assignment. Discussed. Will work on it tomorrow.
September 15, 2016Posted on Sep 15 2017
Continued watching "The Breakfast Club". Filling out the viewing sheets as the movie plays.
September 14, 2016Posted on Sep 14 2017
DIscussed personality trait assignment, started watching the movie "The Breakfast Club".
September 13, 2017Posted on Sep 13 2017
Discussed Stereotypes, read the monologue "I'm not my Brother'. Discussed and wrote down answers to the 3 questions at the end of the story. Read the poem "Nonconformist", discussed the questions at the end and wrote down responses.
September 12, 2017Posted on Sep 12 2017
Wrote 3 paragraphs for the Personality Trait Assignment. Due today. If not finished due at beginning of class tomorrow.
September 11, 2017Posted on Sep 11 2017
Went over Letter to Future Self Assignment. Discussed how to journal. Went over personality traits of the characters Mirage and Mr. Ray in the short story "Tomorrow, Summer". For every personality trait had to provide proof from the story. Introduced…
September 8, 2017Posted on Sep 8 2017
Read a short story: Tomorrow, Summer. Discussed vocabulary words, and looked for meaning using context clues in the story. Discussed inferring personality traits of the two main characters based on what we read about them in the story. Did an…
September 6, 2017Posted on Sep 6 2017
First Writing Assignment. Writing a letter to our future self. Read a story prompt - Emily's Quest, discussed inferences and vocabulary, then handed out assignment that we worked on. Will type it out tomorrow.
September 5, 2017Posted on Sep 6 2017
Welcome Everyone. Introduced ourselves and went over the Course Outline.
June 9, 2015Posted on Jun 9 2015
Wrote the PART A Final for English 10-2/4 (Reading Comprehension).
June 8, 2015Posted on Jun 8 2015
Went over 2 reading comprehension selections in preparation for tomorrow's ORT FINAL. Worked on essay topic for final.
June 4, 2015Posted on Jun 4 2015
Introduced the essay topic for the final. Discussed ideas and worked on outline.
June 3, 2015Posted on Jun 3 2015
Handed back visuals. Wrote an opinion response on the question - Do you believe in telling the complete truth? Why or why not.
May 26, 2015Posted on May 26 2015
Discussed visual handout and its process on the handout. They had to choose to write on a choice of 2 visuals. They must have the visual handout filled out. Will be writing a 3 paragraph response in class tomorrow.
May 25, 2015Posted on May 25 2015
Discussed symbols, and went over visual responses. Handed visual writing assignment we did earlier to go over. Showed examples of what a visual response looks like. Looked at a visual and discussed possible ideas that visual may symbolize about…
May 22, 2015Posted on May 22 2015
Worked on "I have a dream" response. Due for homework. Projects are past due.
May 21, 2015Posted on May 21 2015
Participated in the "Town Wide Clean Up". Started thinking about "I have a dream" paragraph. Must come up with a dream to help society to become better, mimicking Martin Luther King's "I have a Dream" speech.
May 19, 2015Posted on May 19 2015
Worked on Superhero project. Will have 1/2 of the block to work on it tomorrow.
May 14, 2015Posted on May 14 2015
Worked on Superhero Project. Will have one more day to work on it - Tuesday, May 19.
May 13, 2015Posted on May 13 2015
Wrote a reading comprehension test. Most students were done early so have about 40 minutes to work on their superhero project - to gather ideas and write their paragraphs for their slides.
May 12, 2015Posted on May 12 2015
Started the superhero project. Showed an example and then went to the library. Tomorrow we will write a Reading Comprehension test.
May 11, 2015Posted on May 11 2015
Introduced new unit - Heroes - worked on Introduction Assignment individually then went over with the class. Introduced the super hero project. Assignments are in the Hero Folder for English 10-2/4.
May 6, 2015Posted on May 6 2015
Worked on the rough copy for essay. We will be typing them tomorrow and handing in at the end of the class. The rough copy must be completed for tomorrow to ensure there is plenty of time to type it out in tomorrow's class.
May 5, 2015Posted on May 5 2015
Began working on Essay. Worked on the outline of the essay. Homework - complete the outline for the body paragraphs and we will then write them out in sentence form tomorrow. Thursday is when we will type them out.
May 1, 2015Posted on May 1 2015
Worked on Presentations - presented to the class. Began reading Act V.
April 30, 2015Posted on Apr 30 2015
Finished Act IV Booklet, got into groups to work on a project. Will complete tomorrow and present to class.
April 29, 2015Posted on Apr 29 2015
- Went over Act III test and letter. Read and discussed Act IV. Booklet handed out is their Act IV Test. You must complete unto Scene v, last two pages will be done in class.
April 28, 2015Posted on Apr 28 2015
Wrote Act III Test. Overdue letters from yesterday are due today.
April 27, 2015Posted on Apr 27 2015
Advice Letters are due. Read to the end of Act III. Test for Act III is tomorrow.
April 23, 2015Posted on Apr 23 2015
Read to the end of Act III, scene iv. Handed out a letter assignment, where you have to give advice to "Desperate" (aka Romeo). Assignment can be found in Eng. 10-2 Area. This letter is due on Monday.
April 20, 2015Posted on Apr 20 2015
Finished Act II and the booklet. Went over the exam for tomorrow's test.
April 16, 2015Posted on Apr 16 2015
- Handed out Act II Booklets and did scenes 1-3 together. We read scene 4 and assigned scene 4 for homework. Will finish the act on Monday and then have a test.
April 15, 2015Posted on Apr 15 2015
Went over ACT I Test. Began reading Act II - read to the end of scene iii pg. 91.
April 13, 2015Posted on Apr 13 2015
- Went over Essay for novel study. - Watched the rest of Act I and worked on completing the booklet. Will write an OPEN Book test tomorrow for Act I.
April 10, 2015Posted on Apr 10 2015
Read and discussed the rest of Act I in Romeo and Juliet. Work on Act I Booklet to Complete.
April 9, 2015Posted on Apr 9 2015
Read Act I, scene i - Romeo and Juliet and did the Act I Scene i questions.
April 7, 2015Posted on Apr 7 2015
- Began Romeo and Juliet. Read the prologue and just read the first page of Act I, Scene i
Mar. 25, 2015Posted on Mar 25 2015
Finished Essay and began the introduction to Romeo and Juliet. Need to find unusual or obscure facts about Shakespeare and the play "Romeo and Juliet".
Mar. 23, 2015Posted on Mar 23 2015
Worked on body paragraphs for Essay. Your outline must be completed for tomorrow. We will be typing it out tomorrow.
Mar. 19, 2015Posted on Mar 19 2015
Went over the structure of an introduction. They wrote their introduction. Next we went over the structure of a body paragraphs. For each paragraph they were asked to find as many detailed examples from the novel that supports the idea of each body…
Mar. 18, 2015Posted on Mar 18 2015
Worked through the essay booklet. Gathered our materials and put together their thesis statement.
Mar. 17, 2015Posted on Mar 17 2015
- Finished the last set of questions for the novel. Finished the rest of the booklet as a class.
Mar. 12, 2015Posted on Mar 12 2015
Life Quotes are due. Continued reading chapters 22-24. Read to the end of page 196.
Mar. 11, 2015Posted on Mar 11 2015
Discussed the questions and wrote down the answers a class to section 5 (chapters 17-21). We then did the next assignment in the booklet called Life Quote. I went over, showed an example and worked on it for the rest of the class. This is due (Parts…
Mar. 10, 2015Posted on Mar 10 2015
Finished working on Section 4 questions (Chapters 13-16). Finished reading section 5 (chapters 17-21). p. 158. All booklets were handed in.
Mar. 9, 2015Posted on Mar 9 2015
- Discussed the importance of writing full and complete sentences when answering a question. You must identify the who, what and why. Details are key to a proper response. We read the fourth section chapters - My Sister sends me an email - Dance,…
Mar. 6, 2015Posted on Mar 6 2015
Worked on the rest of the question for part three of the novel. As a class we then gave our answers in complete sentences. We then discussed what symbols are - conventional and private. They had to fill out the symbol chart in their book and then…
Mar. 5, 2015Posted on Mar 5 2015
- Went over questions for the reading we did yesterday. We read to page 98. Must do the first 5 questions in the third section of their booklet for homework.
Mar. 4, 2015Posted on Mar 4 2015
Discussed questions to chapters 1-4 that were assigned for homework yesterday, Today we read to page 66 and they are to answer questions 1-5 for homework. We will work on the rest of the questions in class tomorrow.
Mar. 3, 2015Posted on Mar 3 2015
Read to page 32 in the novel "Absolute True Diary..." and worked on answering questions 1 -11. We did the first 3 together as a class.
Mar. 2, 2015Posted on Mar 2 2015
- Introduced the novel "The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian". Handed out their booklets and discussed the first 3 pages in preparation for reading.
Feb. 26, 2015Posted on Feb 26 2015
- Got the novel "The Absolutely True Story of a Part-Time Indian". Went over visual responses. Read two stories "Fish Cheeks" and "We are what we share". We discussed the story. Monday we will start reading the novel.
Feb. 25, 2015Posted on Feb 25 2015
- Went over rants and letters on human rights. Assigned the 2 questions to the movie "The Breakfast Club" Assignment is in the conflict folder in the English 10-2/4 area.
Feb. 24, 2015Posted on Feb 24 2015
Finished watching "The Breakfast Club". Went over the movie notes assignment. Will be doing a writing assignment connected to this movie tomorrow.
Feb. 23, 2015Posted on Feb 23 2015
- Visual responses are due Tuesday. - Watched the movie "The Breakfast Club" - looking at conflict and stereotypes.
Feb. 20, 2015Posted on Feb 20 2015
- Continued with the visual assignment. Had to pick a theme and use details from the visuals to support the theme. This response is due on Monday.
Feb. 19, 2015Posted on Feb 19 2015
- Went over rant assignments. Letters are now overdue. Introduced visual response. Discussed the visual as a class, came up with themes together and filled out visual assignment. Will work on writing the response tomorrow.
Feb. 18, 2015Posted on Feb 18 2015
- Wrote persuasive letter on chosen human rights issue. Due Today.
Feb. 17, 2015Posted on Feb 17 2015
- Finished discussion on Human Rights. Prepared to write a formal letter about a human rights issue. Went to the library to research information on the human rights issue you will be writing a letter about. Will be writing the letters tomorrow.
Feb. 13, 2015Posted on Feb 13 2015
- Human Rights - preparing to write a letter. Read the article - You can't stop me from learning. Discussed human right issues.
Feb. 12, 2015Posted on Feb 12 2015
- Rants are due. Went over Conflict Paragraphs. Read the story (Ashes) and poem (Beyond Pastel) - Discussed.
Feb. 11, 2015Posted on Feb 11 2015
- Went over the Objective Reading Test that was written yesterday. Worked on their rants. Rants are due tomorrow.
Feb. 10, 2015Posted on Feb 10 2015
- Wrote an objective reading test, when finished they worked on their rants. Rants will be due tomorrow at the end of class.
Feb. 9, 2015Posted on Feb 9 2015
- Conflict Paragraphs are due. Go over letter to self. Introduced Rant. Will be writing an Objective Reading Test Tomorrow. After finished you are to work on your rant. For Homework, think of what issue you want to "rant" about (parents, winter,…
Feb. 4, 2015Posted on Feb 4 2015
- Discussed conflict - did a writing assignment. - Read the story "The Trickster" and discussed. Wrote a paragraph on a conflict you have experienced. This is for homework and due on Monday.